Reviglass has developed and patented an antislip technology, with which we are able to provide an antiskid finish to our glass mosaics, without losing the soft and silky touch of our tiles. This way, the use of antislip technology in our mosaics allow us to offer the ideal solution for areas with slippery risk, like access to the swimming-pools, wellness centers, dressing rooms floors, showers, kids’ pools, low depth pools, spas…
- Silky to touch
- Simple grouting
- Easy maintenance and simple cleaning
- Also available for customized products
Antislip Certificates – Recognised quality
Reviglass has obtained the most prestigious certificates of the sector that confirm the high quality of its products.
European Test Data*
|UNE-EN ISO 10545-12||UNE-EN ISO 10545-5|
|Resistencia al hielo
Résistance au gel
|Resistencia al impacto
Resistance to shock
Résistance à l’impact
|UNE-EN ISO 10545-13||UNE-EN ISO 10545-7|
|Resistencia a los agentes químicos
Resistance to chemical attack
Résistance aux produits chimiques
|Resistencia a la abrasión
Résistance à l’abrasion
|UNE-EN ISO 10545-3||UNE-EN ISO 10545-9|
|Absorción de agua
|Resistencia a los cambios de temperatura
Resistance to termal shock
Résistance aux chocs thermiques
|UNE-EN ISO 10545-14||UNE-EN ISO 67.101|
|Resistencia a las manchas
Determination to staining
Résistance aux taches
Dureté de la surface Mohs
United States Test ATC (Tile Council of North America)*
|ASTM C1378||MOHS’ Scratch hardness|
|Determination to staining||Passes||Hardness||5|
|ASTM C650||ASTM C373|
|Resistance to chemical substances||Resistant||Water Absortion
*All the tests are available for all our customers. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need them..
The importance of the support
In general, the industrial mosaics are presented glued to a support whose objective is simply to transport the tiles from the factory to the construction site in a specific order and shape. This support can be found on the front of the tiles or on their back. The crucial matter with this support is that it must allow a free surface on the back of the tiles of at least a 70%. This way, the adhesive can contact a maximum area on the back of the mosaic, free of any element between the adhesive and the tile, including any rest of glue. The most demanding standards, like the Australian ones, recommend the manufacturers to provide a free back surface of at least 85% for their use in swimming-pools.
Types of supports in the market
- Drilled paper mesh. Its use in pools or wet areas is totally unrecommended.
- Other meshes: Cotton, fibre mesh, etc. Their use is generally risky, as they are usually narrow meshes with less than 70% free space on their back, most of them mounted manually in the factory. It is common to find rests of glue on the back of the sheet, creating a screen between the tile and the adhesive. After some months, water penetrates through the joints, dissolves the glue and the tiles end up popping off.
- PVC dots: Tiles are attached one another by some PVC dots. The smaller the dot, the bigger the free surface on the back of the tile. Reviglass can reach an 80% of free space. As a disadvantage, the PVC usually invades part of the space reserved for the grout, which can make the grout be weaker at some points.
- Polyurethane Cord mounting: The system is very similar to the PVC dot, but without the disadvantage of the weak grout, as the Polyurethane Cord does not invade the space for the grout. The free space can go from 85% in 2.5×2.5cm sized tiles to 92% is case of 3.6×3.6cm sized tiles.
Installation of Reviglass glass mosaic tiles
In general, industrial mosaics are presented glued to a support whose objective is simply to transport the tiles from the factory to the construction site in a specific order and shape. This support can be found on the front of the tiles or on their back. The crucial matter with this support is that it must allow a free surface on the back of the tiles of at least a 70%. This way, the adhesive can contact a maximum area on the back of the mosaic, free of any element between the adhesive and the tile, including any rest of glue. The most demanding standards, like the Australian ones, recommend the manufacturers to provide a free back surface of at least 85% for their use in swimming-pools.
- Mounted on the front: This is the classic system. The support is Kraft paper. It must be removed by wetting the paper with water right before applying the grout. Free surface in contact with the adhesive: 100%.
- Mounted on the back: Modern support developed to ease the installation of the glass mosaic and avoid the process of paper removal and cleaning of the water used in the previous step.
Reviglass recommends to use at least adhesive of type C2 in general and type R1 for UNO serie.
Adhesive manufacturers: Litokol, Kerakoll, Mapei, Ardex, Laticrete, etc.
|EXAMPLE C2: Litoplus K55 adhesive||EXAMPLE R2 Starlike grout|
|We need to check there is the C2TE label, which means: cementitious,
improved, reduced slip and extended open time.
|In this case we have to focus on the label RG, which means it is an epoxy type of resin.
As we can see, this one could also be used as an adhesive because R2T is indicated.
Grout for mosaic
RG grouts must be used for NATURA and UNO series, for the Antislip and for the PVC dot mounted mosaics. For the series GOLD&SILVER and ABALON it is recommended to use a fine-grained grout. For the rest, at least CG2.
Litokol, Kerakoll, Mapei, Ardex, Laticrete, etc.
|EXAMPLE CG2: Litochrom 1-6||EXAMPLE RG Starlike|
|We can check that in this case, CG2WA label is indicated: cementitious, improved,
low water absorption and high abrasion resistance. For other manufacturers,
the label would be equivalent.
|In this case we have to focus on the label RG, which means it is an epoxy type of resin. As we can see,
this one could also be used as an adhesive because R2T is indicated.
The colour of the grout is an important matter to be considered if we want a perfect final look.
To show it, we have prepared a comparative situation where we can see the same tiles with two different grout colours: white on the left and black on the right. The result is a completely different design with the same mosaic tiles. So, what grout colour should we use?
To help installers, designers and curious people, we have developed this matrix where we propose the ideal grout colours depending on the Mix Iris Collection mosaic you chose. In case of a design with different colours, the translucent grout is the most recommended, as the joint will get the colour of the tile. Any other colour should be studied independently.
For the installation of the glass mosaic tiles made by Reviglass, we will need the following tools: toothed trowel of 2-3 mm, rubber trowel and special nippers for glass mosaic.